Festus Keyamo, Minister of State for Labour and Employment, on Saturday urged Nigerians to disregard messages on the registration of Special Public Works programme, SPW.
Keyamo said message asking Nigerians to go and register at the state offices of National Directorate of Employment, NDE, should be disregarded.
In a tweet, the minister said such directive would breach the COVID-19 guideline.
He assured that the selection would be done at local government levels and not at NDE state offices.
Keyamo tweeted: “Kindly disregard all messages directing people to go to NDE offices to register for the Special Public Works.
“This will breach COVID-19 guidelines and it will not ensure we strictly achieve the 1000 per LGA. The selection will be done from LGA to LGA, not in States’ NDE offices.”
The SPW is a programme approved by President Muhammadu Buhari to employ 774,000 Nigerians.
Keyamo had explained that the SPW programme was meant for unskilled Nigerians.
The Minister and lawmakers had been at loggerheads over the implementation of the programme.